Senior Living Events at Mission Chateau
From our genes to our food choices and our daily habits, there is a lot that goes into our overall health. And living an active lifestyle is a critical part of maintaining health as we age. An active lifestyle means staying engaged in daily activities, focusing on social wellness and keeping your body moving as often as possible.
Seniors who maintain an active lifestyle will see benefits in their physical, mental and emotional health. The benefits of an active lifestyle include:
- Easing joint inflammation and aiding in lubrication, which reduces pain and stiffness and allows older adults to participate in other activities for seniors that they enjoy.
- Fine-tuning motor skills, which benefits cognitive function, lowering the risk of dementia and other cognitive diseases.
- Helping to prevent chronic diseases, such as colon cancer, diabetes, obesity, hypertension and cardiovascular disease.
- Relieving stress and creating feelings of happiness and satisfaction, while also improving sleep patterns.
- Improving flexibility and strength, which helps to improve balance and reduce the risk of falls.
- Offering an opportunity for social interaction; exercising as a group adds a component of social wellness to fitness programs. Maintaining strong social ties is important for aging adults to feel a sense of purpose and avoid feelings of loneliness or depression.
Recent Senior Living Entertainment
At Mission Chateau Senior Living Community, team members create a wide variety of activities and programs available to residents each day. In addition, senior living community events are offered to mark special occasions and holidays and to bring a little extra excitement to the day. In July, memory care residents at Mission Chateau celebrated the anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing. In September, a Mission Chateau team member brought her dog for a visit and had all the residents smiling! Mission Chateau is a pet-friendly community. There are many benefits of pet therapy for seniors, and welcoming pets into our community is a great way to enjoy those benefits every day! We had more four-legged visitors in September to mark National Dog Day. The residents loved the tail wags and wet kisses!
About Mission Chateau Senior Living Community
At Mission Chateau, we provide a range of options, including memory care, assisted living and independent living. All of our residents enjoy our high-end amenities, contemporary styling, the highest quality craftsmanship and an unsurpassed commitment to hospitality and services. We serve the needs of couples and individuals and will work with the entire family to help make sure you understand your choices.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation.